Day 2 of “LEAVE, WEAVE, DISCARD or DONATE”, my at home artist’s residency:
○ I cleared my work table of everything but the items for this project (see yesterday’s “before” photo)
Prepped the large pipe loom, marking inch increments for the top and bottom bar.
○ Took 2 bags and an ironing board to donation center.
○ Drew the “Secrets” card from the Creativity Oracle (textile artwork on the cards by Amy Zerner) and the High Priestess (Yarn Tarot). Both warning me to be cautious about sharing information until plans are further developed
(You’ll just have to wait to see what I’m gestating!)
○ Set up my little copper loom and collected my travel weaving supplies for the “Summer of Tapestry ” course with @rebeccamezofftapestry
○ And look 👓 I even found the prescription eyeglasses that I lost a year ago!
They were in the backpack I plan to take on my nature weaving excursions for the course!!!
○ A very productive day!
○ Weather: cooler today, but still very humid. High 79°F. Mostly sunny. Spent a short time outdoors trimming my rose bush and filling my hummingbird feeders. Oh, I pulled a couple of weeds as it rained last night and they came up easily…there are so many more to pull!
That will wait for another day.