January BJP is Finished!
I finished my January piece for the Bead Journal Project! I started with a knitted pentagon of my own design. I have done quite a bit of lace knitting, but haven’t had much time to in the last few years. So, it was fun to play with it again in a small and creative way. I just ad-libbed the design as I went along. I started with 10 stitched in a circular cast-on (using the “magic loop” method which I find easier than double pointed needles). I continued to increase in a way that would create 5 segments and end up in a pentagon shape. The tiny silver beads were pre-strung onto the white DMC cotton and I knit a bead into the stitches that I chose to accentuate the pattern. It is mostly yarn overs and knit two tog. with every other row a plain knit row. I only had to take out stitches a couple of times and it was because I had forgotten to knit the bead in! (the whole focus of the project!) I finished it with a scalloped crochet edge and starched/stretched and pinned it to dry. I really like the result. The finished piece is approx. 5 inches along each of the 5 sides. See all of my posts regarding the Bead Journal Project HERE. Now I must get thinking about my February piece….